Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thanksgiving Thoughts

I actually woke up this morning thinking about something worth-while! Thanksgiving! It has always been one of my favorite holidays; no hype; no pressure; lots of good food and good cheer; a chance to reflect on how blessed we have been the past year. I think it is really sad how Thanksgiving gets less and less attention as the years go by. It seems to me that Thanksgiving is skipped over almost entirely and we go straight from Halloween to Christmas. So to avoid this in my life, I am posting my top ten reasons to be thankful this year.
1) I have the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. Without this I would be lost.
2) I have a wonderful husband and family who love me in spite of all my foibles and weaknesses.
3) I have many great friend (both old and new) who put up with me and seem to enjoy my company.
4) I haven't been in the hospital once this year (knock on wood!)
5) I can still be productive (somewhat) and give service to others.
6) I have a warm, comfortable, and safe home which allows me to "share space" on occasion, with others who are "visiting or passing through."
7) I also have a great extended family on both sides (Sid's and mine) that are kind and supportive.
8) Everyone in my family who wants to work has at least one job!
9) We have two vehicles that are in good working order.
10) Last, but certainly not least, I am blessed to live in the most beautiful country in the world and have the most freedom afforded anywhere.

2 comments:

  1. I am thankful for snuggies I think santa might bring 2 boys their own so I don't have to share anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too think Thanksgiving gets overlooked. I refuse to listen to Christmas music until after Thanksgiving.

    I am thankful that we were all healthy for Thanksgiving! No more flu for us.

    And bonus point to you for using the word foible!!

    ReplyDelete