Friday, November 13, 2009

The "Blessings" of Being Sick

Okay, I am starting on my second week of being under "house arrest" and feeling less than good. I have done more than my share of whining and "grinching" so I decided today that I would look on the positive side of things. So here are my thoughts:
1) Because of all those late night/early morning hours of not sleeping I have finished reading P & P and am ready for book club, should I be well enough to attend!
2) I have had plenty of opportunity to re-view all the classic movies from the '80's (you know, Pretty in Pink, Sixteen Candles, Better Off Dead, The Breakfast Club, etc., etc.) and all I can say on that subject is, "What was I thinking to let my kids watch these?" At the same time I have to admit that they all still have a certain appeal. Who can forget, "Oh sexy girlfriend!" Or "Sam's got her boobies, and they are so perky!"
3) I have had ample time to ponder the wonder of simple things that we take for granted like: breathing; laughing without coughing; sleeping through the night; enjoying food; being able to carry on a conversation and breathe at the same time; going wherever I want whenever I want to go!
4) I now feel perfectly justified in ordering Thanksgiving Dinner from Dinner Market (formerly My Girlfriend's Kitchen) instead of preparing it myself. Germs, you know!
5) And last, but certainly not least, I have been touched by all the kind concern and well-wishes expressed by friends and family. I am, indeed, a richly blessed woman!

1 comment:

  1. First i need to ask you....who is this that is sleeping through the night?.....im jealous. Even if my children dont wake me my bladder does and Im thinkin' that will get worse not better. Secondly I love that you were watching those movies and yes what were my parents thinking. Sofa city Sweetheart!!!
    I think i figured out how you got sick......that dang book you are reading, makes me sick just thinking about reading it (that is kind of a joke but kind of not....i have still never seen the sound of music because im afraid I will hate it)

    ReplyDelete