Sunday, November 1, 2009

Reflection on a Sunday Afternoon

Today I have much to wonder about. Any comments on my wondering are welcome! I wonder how three people raised in the same home by the same parents can be so different. I wonder how parents can ever make up for the mistakes they are bound to make while raising their children. I wonder why it takes some of us so long to really learn the things the things we thought we always knew. I wonder how God can be so patient with all His children.
I also have much to 'wonder' about in another sense. I 'wonder' that I feel such love and acceptance in my ward. I 'wonder' that throughout my life I have been so loved by family, friends, and most of all...a loving Heavenly Father. I 'wonder' that, even in my darkest hours, I have always felt loved. I 'wonder' that the Savior loved us all enough to suffer our pains, grief, and guilt. I 'wonder' that the gospel has been restored and that I am part of it.
I wish you all a 'wonder-full' Sabbath

4 comments:

  1. Love all your "wondering" thoughts and agree with all. Thanks for posting your great thoughts that help us all ponder about not only your life, but our lives as well. Thanks also for taking such good care of Dennis. He had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wondering thoughts too! Children are definitely born with their own unique personalities. We teach them and point them in the right direction, but they walk their own path. I have 6 siblings and we are all very different.

    And I think if you do the best you can as a parent, you shouldn't feel like you need to make up for it the rest of your life. It makes me sad when my mom is hard on herself. My parents weren't perfect but I had a wonderful childhood, and I hope my own children forgive me for all my human weaknesses one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the best parenting books I read said that perfect parents are a burden on their children! It made me feel so much better! Children need to learn that not everybody is going to be perfectly patient with them, the world is not perfect. I only hope that I can teach them that they're responsible for their own deciscions, and hopefully they'll make good choices. If not, at least we have a perfect Heavenly parent! =]

    Thanks for sharing your wisdom with us, I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. um...did I do something wrong?

    ReplyDelete