Thursday, November 5, 2009

Indoor Plumbing



Today I want to sing the praises of indoor plumbing. Don't get me wrong...I have always had indoor plumbing...I'm not THAT old. But I haven't always appreciated it like I do now. Can you even imagine dealing with ANY kind of digestive "issues" in an outhouse? I would never stop gagging, to say the least!
The bathroom pictured above (a true "water closet") has saved my bacon (not to mention my pride) more times than I can count as I have rushed home doing the "potty dance" because I waited too long between visits to "you-know-what." Thankfully, this particular convenience is just steps away from my car.



When I wake up in the morning, sometimes I feel like I have been run over by a Mac truck, in spite of the fact that Sid and I have a brand new (almost) bed. On mornings like that (which, the older I get, seem to happen more and more often) a twenty or thirty minute HOT shower is the only answer. I hope Al Gore doesn't read this blog! But I guess when it's all said and done a daily twenty minute shower beats a daily trip to the doctor any day! This is a picture of my cleanest bathroom. How blessed I am to have four (4) bathrooms IN MY HOUSE.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. I love modern conveniences too. I don't know how those pioneers did it . Outhouses and all those layers (skirt, petticoats or whatever else they wore). And I think a LONG HOT shower is the best way to start the day regardless of your age! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hurt when i get out of bed now, boy am i in trouble. I am a fan of the toilet myself and lets just leave that at that. we have a phone by ours.....Daves idea, not mine. If he only knew how much lysol I cake on that thing, Im surprised it doesnt short out or something. You know I could have dealt with the outhouses I suppose but the Petticoats.........oh man I cant even do a slip or nylons, were they kidding with those things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you believe we grew up with 1 bathroom the majority or our time in the old house. Now you and dad are there by yourselfs and have 2 toilets a piece. Where is the equality ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. no kidding! How did we survive? I remember various schedules...we have three "get ready" bathrooms but we still have to schedule our showers because our water pressure dies if more than one is on! Still, there's nothing like a shower in the morning!

    ReplyDelete